So I got the ok last Thursday to go I the transplant list, I was relieved as I thought my weight might stand against me but luckily there happy to list me as I am but obviously the want me to work had at putting in weight. All I had to do was visit the dentist which I did yesterday, my teeth are fine phew ! I'm going to ring harefield tomorrow and let them know. Im still feeling a bit worried about it all but I think that's normal, they are going to open my chest and replace a vital organ. If only there was a simple way to solve the problem of shitty lungs! It just seems so drastic.
Last week was a quiet week for me. I was on 3 different ivs due to rising infection level so felt quite spaced out and exhausted. It's such hard work doing everything myself at home, especially when I feel little benefit from it. Today I went out to get mums bday present but was too tired so just went straight back to bed.
I did have an impromptu night out on Saturday with a friend. It was nice to do something normal for a 25 year old. I didnt take my 02 as I felt a bit silly wearing it out...tut tut! But one step at a time! I'm wearing it when I walk in the day so I'm getting there.
My nana and grandpa also came up for a few days which was lovely to see them. We ate out a bit which I always enjoy, any excuse to avoid my cooking!
There's so many things I miss at the moment, I miss holidays, going for walks, working, swimming, enjoying shopping, cleaning and just generally been busy. I've always been a busy person but at the moment one simple thing is enough to tire me for days. At least I know it will only be temporary, I'm really lucky that I have a chance to get better.
I'm finishing ivs on Friday and Saturday I have a birthday party to go to and then I'm hoping to stay at my friends in Essex next week. Im so excited its been so long since we properly hung out. She's very kindly going to pick me up so I don't have to do the drive. I hope the sun shines cause i want to go to the seaside, maybe if I try hard enough I can pretend I'm abroad ;)
Well that's all for now. Hopefully next blog I'll be off ivs and on that list!!
No comments:
Post a Comment