Monday, 11 June 2012

New car!!

I've been busy busy busy since my last blog. I had a lovely day enjoying the sunshine of Hunstanton and yummy fish and chips at wells. I love the seaside especially the 2p machines it brings out the gambler in me! I won a funky duck though so I was pleased with that I probably spent a good £5 winning it but it was worth it. I also met up with my lovely friend jojo for lunch and a little stroke around some shops. She brought me a really nice jigsaw which I'll be posting pictures of when I've finished it because yes, I am that cool ;) !! My friend sammyganster came down for the jubilee bank holiday although pboro had nothing happening at all...can't say I was suprised. Our Uni friend alf and jaz met up for lunch so that was good catching up. I learnt what people mean when they say "that's what she said" at the end of rude sentences. Still not quite got it right...at pizza express alf asked for dough balls and I tried it then but just sounded like a muppet! After the bank holiday I went to harefield for two days for my transplant assessment it wasnt as bad as I though! Collecting my wee for 24 hours was probably the worst as I was convinced I was covered in pee haha still didn't shower though till I got home, what I minger :p the tests really didn't hurt and the people were friendly. They went through everything from start to finish what to expect when you wake up etc. The worst thing will be waking up on a ventilator with a tube in my mouth I just have to make sure I don't panic. There making their decision on if I'm suitable on Thursday and they will ring me. They said my anaemia and been underweight might mean they say I need my weight up first or anaemia investigated...I really hope that's not the case. One thing they did find was my infection markers had gone up again and I had been feeling unwell and a few temps so I was told to get ontop of the infection ASAP as its key to stopping me getting worse. Tomorrow I'm booked into the emergency clinic at pap to start ivs. I was hoping to go a bit longer but never mind! My oxygen arrived on Friday so that's all sorted my walk test at harefield my oxygen levels dipped to 71 at one point and remained under 90 the entire walk so I've been advised by them to wear it when I walk especially when I'm unwell. The portable oxygen came in a really ugly bag so I'm getting a new funky one! I'll look silly enough with the oxygen on I don't need a granny bag adding to it! And finally the coolest news...my new car arrived its soooo cool!! Air con,sat nav, Bluetooth, any other funky things I don't understand. Best of all it doesn't smell and there's no mould or puddles in it. Mum did actually say she could get trench foot driving my car!! I didn't drive my car for about 5weeks due to been ill and when I went to get inside it was covered in mould and soaking wet (a reoccurring problem), even my coat was covered!! It's just so nice getting in a car that doesn't stink! I need to learn the pedals though as I keep stalling the car, someone beeped me at the roundabout the bastard! That's all for the updates, hopefully next time I'll know if I'm transplantable or not, fingers crossed its not a no :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad it went ok, fingers crossed for good news :) You know where I am if you have any questions x

    ReplyDelete